Press

Articles

view all 

Bree Almost Suffocated in a Chip Bag by Bonnie Harlan

Bree the Beagle was one of the few lucky dogs revived by CPR after she almost suffocated in a chip bag. Dog suffocation in snack, cereal, and other bags and containers happens often, and it happens quickly. Don’t let that happen to your dog.

Read More →

Families Share Heartfelt Warning "Please Prevent Pet Suffocation"

Prevent Pet Suffocation is trying to raise awareness of pet suffocation. Many pet owners are sharing their tragic stories, and you just have to read a few to realize how important these safety tips are.

Read More →

Puppy Accidentally Suffocates in Bag of Doritos

A one-year-old puppy suffocated after getting its head stuck in a pack of Doritos crisps. Heartbroken owner Charlotte Bodes came home to find her beloved Staffordshire Jack Russell, Stella, with her head jammed in the foil packet and unresponsive.

Read More →

Chip Bags Can Be Deadly

The danger of mylar chip bags to pets and children is not widely known. Bonnie Harlan is hoping to bring focus to this issue in the hopes chip companies will begin putting warnings on the bags and eventually change the bag materials.

Read More →

Empty Cereal Boxes and Chip Bags can be Deathtraps for Curious Pooches

Gina Mooney is another heartbroken pet owner who found her mixed-breed Molly dead after suffocating in a cereal bag. These cereal boxes and chip bags can be deathtraps for pets. 

Read More →

Pet Talk: Food Bags and Packaging Contain Deadly Threat to Pets

The Herschell family came home to a horrific scene and found their Yellow Lab, Cooper, suffocated in a pet food container. Pet suffocation is a danger that grieving pet owners are often unaware of until it's too late.

Read More →

Goodbye, Blue: A Family's Loss of a Beloved Animal Companion

Bonnie Harlan, Founder of Prevent Pet Suffocation, tells PETA about the devastating loss of her dog, Blue, to pet suffocation in a chip bag in 2011.

Read More →

Prevent Pet Suffocation and Asphyxiation

Prevent Pet Suffocation is advocating for and asking companies to put awareness labels on their packaging to warn their consumers about the possible suffocation dangers imposed on their pets.

Read More →

Snack Bag Suffocation Can Strike Any Pet

An ER Vet Tech can't forget a dog who tragically suffocated in a chip bag. She shares tips from Prevent Pet Suffocation. 

Read More →

Videos

view all

KOMO 4 News Seattle with Bonnie Harlan & Preventive Vet

Connie Thompson with KOMO News ABC 4 interviews Bonnie Harlan and Jason Nicholas, BVetMed, on the dangers of pet suffocation.

View →

Fox News Detroit - "Bags a Suffocation Risk for Pets"

Dan Spencer with Fox 2 News Detroit interviews the Issacs family whose dog suffocated in a pet food bag.

View →

Share on Social Media

Amazon Smile
Prevent Pet Suffocation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.
envelopechevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram