view all 

Empty Cereal Boxes and Chip Bags can be Deathtraps for Curious Pooches

Gina Mooney is another heartbroken pet owner who found her mixed-breed Molly dead after suffocating in a cereal bag. These cereal boxes and chip bags can be deathtraps for pets. 

Read More →

Pet Talk: Food Bags and Packaging Contain Deadly Threat to Pets

The Herschell family came home to a horrific scene and found their Yellow Lab, Cooper, suffocated in a pet food container. Pet suffocation is a danger that grieving pet owners are often unaware of until it’s too late.

Read More →

Goodbye, Blue: A Family’s Loss of a Beloved Animal Companion

Bonnie Harlan, Founder of Prevent Pet Suffocation, tells PETA about the devastating loss of her dog, Blue, to pet suffocation in a chip bag in 2011.

Read More →

Prevent Pet Suffocation and Asphyxiation

Prevent Pet Suffocation is advocating for and asking companies to put awareness labels on their packaging to warn their consumers about the possible suffocation dangers imposed on their pets.

Read More →

Snack Bag Suffocation Can Strike Any Pet

An ER Vet Tech can’t forget a dog who tragically suffocated in a chip bag. She shares tips from Prevent Pet Suffocation. 

Read More →

Share on Social Media

Prevent Pet Suffocation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram